How to cover a tattoo? This makeup is spotless and is also used by actors!
We’re sure you love your tattoos and you like to show them to your friends. However, some situations require hiding them. Whether you want to hide tattoos from conservative relatives or want to look more professional at a job interview, you can easily cover up your tattoo with makeup if you choose the right way. The best covering foundation that can completely hide a tattoo or scar is undoubtedly the Dermacol Make-up Cover.
Take a look at our step by step instructions and go ahead.
- Cleanse your skin Before you start, it is advisable to clean your tattooed skin with a cotton pad and your favourite cleansing product. This step will prepare your skin for the application of a makeup.
Keep in mind that you should not try to cover a tattoo that is not healed yet. You may smear the ink or cause an infection. It may take up to 45 days for the tattoo to heal completely !
- Apply a light concealer. Use a liquid or creamy concealer with a strong covering ability that is a few shades lighter than your skin. Use a make-up sponge or brush to apply the concealer over your tattoo. Try to tap the concealer into your skin instead of rubbing it. If you rub the product on the skin, it won’t cover the tattoo properly. Instead, tap the concealer in your skin, which also means you don't need to use a great amount of the product while covering perfectly. Once you have covered the tattoo with one layer, let the concealer dry for a minute or two. It’s not a problem if you still can see through to the tattoo.
- Apply a foundation. Choose a foundation that perfectly matches your skin tone. The rule is always that if you are not very sure about the shade, it is always better to use a lighter one and dust it with a darker powder than the other way around. Always use a sponge or brush to apply the Dermacol Make-up Cover. Do not rub it, but tap it in, similarly to the concealer. Use your fingers only to smooth the top layer of the foundation. Dermacol Make-up Cover is sufficiently thick and covering, so it is not necessary to apply thick layers. Applying too many layers on a small area may result in inefficiency.
- Apply transparent powder. Use a large powder brush to apply a thin layer of transparent powder over the foundation. After this step, the makeup stops shining and becomes natural. If you chose the wrong shade of the Dermacol Make-up Cover, you can save everything with a transparent powder. There are two variants - light and natural.
- If you are worried about colouring the clothes, you can use a small trick. Spray the covered tattoo with a hair spray. When you are finished with the make-up layering, finish the application with a light coat of a hair spray. This step fixes the top layer and prevents makeup from wiping on clothes or furniture. Allow the area to dry before touching or covering it with clothing.
TIP: Try the application in advance before an important event. If you plan to cover a tattoo before a special event such as wedding or job interview, it is a good idea to rehearse the covering of the tattoo in advance. This allows you to practice the technique and find the right product shade that matches your skin tone.
Do not try to cover the tattoo with makeup until it is healed completely. New tattoos require a special care and careful hygiene requirements. Applying make-up or unnecessarily touching of the tattoo can irritate the area, damage the masterpiece of art and may also cause an infection.